Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic.
Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker.
Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
The SAFNOG-4/EANOG/tzNOG Conference Programme consists of two parts, these being the Tutorials and Conference Tracks.
Topics proposed must be relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:
- IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and Operations
- IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Internet backbone operations
- ISP and Carrier services
- IXPs and Peering
- Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
- Software Defined Networking / Network Function Virtualisaton
- Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
- DNS / DNSSEC
- Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing, etc)
- Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, LTE/5G, wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, segment routing
- Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, "telepresence", Gaming) and Cloud Computing
Draft slides for both tutorials and conference sessions MUST be provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme Committee will be unable to review the submission. For avoidance of doubt this means that submissions which do not include slides will be rejected immediately. For work in progress, the most current information available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF format only
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for publication on the SAFNOG-4/EANOG/tzNOG websites.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots will be filled well before the final submission deadline. The PC may, at their discretion, retain a limited number of slots up to the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely, important, or of critical operational importance. Every year we turn away submissions, due to filling up all available programme slots before the deadline. Presenters should endeavour to get material into the PC sooner rather than later.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme
Committee by e-mail at:
pc-chairs at safnog.org
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
2018 All Rights Reserved